09 Sep Selecting Your Training Partner – Finding the Right One
Selecting Your Training Partner – Finding the Right One
Simon Wallace | 9th September 2014
Selecting your training partner so that you find the right one has many challenges that are magnified by the costs of selecting the wrong one!
I previously faced these challenges as a buyer of training but now as a seller view these challenges as opportunities to make a real difference through a professional consulting and training approach.
Here is my buyer’s checklist that helped me previously find the right training partner:
Does the training company:
- Care about me and my company?
- Understand my challenges and listen before they sell?
- Tell me that they facilitate the change but need my organisation to make it happen?
- Talk about sustainability and constructing a learning environment?
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate the change required?
- Provide a takeaway that equips the delegate to continue to change back at work?
- Agree measures for review?
- Propose an affordable solution that satisfies my needs?
- Communicate as agreed?
- Warrant my trust?
I hope that this checklist helps you select your next training partner so that you find the right one!
What is your buyer’s checklist?
About the Author
Simon Wallace is founder of The Whole Thing Group and passionate about performance improvement. Creative entrepreneur and trusted advisor to some great companies that are achieving great things.