17 Oct Organising Your Workforce for Success
Organising Your Workforce for Success
Simon Wallace | 17th October 2014
Organising Your Workforce for Success is a fundamental for sustainable business growth!
Yet it is my experience that senior executives often overlook the need to position, re-position and train their people to perform better because they are too busy working ‘in’ rather than ‘on’ their business due to poor organisation in the first place.
My golden rules to organising a workforce are as follows:
- Understand the organisation’s strategic direction and purpose
- Arrange the organisation structure, job descriptions and compensation and benefits packages to be the best
- Recruit and develop talent to fill all jobs within this structure; making sure that your best talent hold key positions and are trained first to perform at the top of their game
- Communicate so that EVERYONE understands the above
- Record and communicate results for continued improvement
Is your organisations’ workforce set up for success?
“Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” Conrad Hilton.
When was the last time you re-organised?
About the Author
Simon Wallace is founder of The Whole Thing Group and passionate about performance improvement. Creative entrepreneur and trusted advisor to some great companies that are achieving great things.