25 Nov How to Create the Best Training Environment
How to Create the Best Training Environment
Simon Wallace | 25th November 2014
The training environment plays a significant part in a successful training and development intervention.
Creating the best training environment depends on the event, the numbers of learners, course budget and possible other constraints. All of course requires careful planning that takes time and benefits from experience!
Given an open budget and any training venue then here are my top 10 requirements (and why) to create a great training environment for 12 to learn and have fun:
- U-shaped seating for open training presentation
- Ceiling mounted projector for uninterrupted delivery
- Audio equipment installed for video and replay
- Well illuminated with natural light for open comfort
- Temperature controlled for perfect conditions
- Venue assistance close at hand for uninterrupted set-up
- Internet connection for to support delivery if required
- Separate break area for change
- Washroom close at hand for convenience
- Health and safety in place for emergency just in case
Best training solution + Best trainer + Best training environment = Best development results
What does your ideal training environment look like?
About the Author
Simon Wallace is founder of The Whole Thing Group and passionate about performance improvement. Creative entrepreneur and trusted advisor to some great companies that are achieving great things.