The Whole Thing provides consulting and training solutions that improves business performance. These services (“Services”) are provided to an ever-changing group of clients – primarily corporate organisiations and professional individuals so that they can realise their full potential.
The Whole Thing is committed to protecting as well as respecting your privacy and is committed to ensuring that all data processing is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
The purpose of this document is to explain how The Whole Thing will use your personal information when interacting with us.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Why do we collect personal information about you?
The reason we chose to collect, and process personal information depends on your relationship with The Whole Thing:
Client: If you are a client of The Whole Thing, we collect and process personal information in order to most effectively deliver the service that you have subscribed to.
Prospect: If you are a Prospect (a business that we believe is likely to benefit from Services provided by The Whole Thing), we may collect and process personal data on you as part of our efforts to sell, promote and market our services to you.
Supplier: If you are a supplier to The Whole Thing, we collect and process personal information as part of our contractual relationship with you.
How do we collect personal information from you?
Information may be collected in the following ways:
- Face-to-face (e.g. in an interview)
- Phone (e.g. in a telephone conversation with one of our researchers)
- Email (e.g. in a negotiation with one of our sales team)
- Desk research (in this case, only publicly-available personal information is processed –e.g. we may find and store information that you have posted on LinkedIn)
- Post (e.g. we may record data that you send to us by post)
What type of information is collected?
The types of data we will collect may include:
- Contact Data: your name, job title, corporate email address, workplace address
- Research Data: Written records/notes of conversations that you have had with our sales, research and account management teams; publicly-available information such as that which you have posted on LinkedIn or which is available on a corporate website; reports written by our research team, detailing your supplier preferences and business challenges; job history
- Correspondence Data: records of emails that we have sent you/you have sent us
- Subscription Data: details of a subscription you have taken out with us
- Financial Data: your payment information and transactions, including your payment for our Services
- Analytics Data: your IP address or other device identifier, technical log information (as described below under the subheading “Log Data”) cookies (as described below under the subheading “Cookies”), and information about how you use our website.
All data collected and processed by The Whole Thing is ‘corporate’ or ‘business to business’ data.
The Whole Thing has trained its staff to ensure that no ‘special categories’ or personal data (e.g. the ethnicity, or religious beliefs of data subjects) are collected and/or processed.
The Whole Thing does not collect or process personal data on children.
Grounds of processing
The table below explains the ways in which we use your personal data and the legal grounds for that processing.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like further information about the relevant legal grounds.
How is your information used?
We use your information for a variety of reasons, depending on the nature of your relationship with us, including:
- to deliver the service that you have signed up to effectively;
- to make a decision on whether or not to try and sell our services to you
- to send you information on our Services that we feel may be of interest to you; and
- to deliver a tailored programme of account management
Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we are insolvent or apparently insolvent or grant a Trust Deed for creditors or if a pounding of any of our effects shall be executed
- If The Whole Thing or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets
3. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest.
Controlling personal information that we hold on you
As a data subject, we acknowledge that you have a right to control whether or not we collect and process personal data on you, and to ask for us to stop processing/delete data that we hold.
The Whole Thing is committed to ensuring that we process personal data in line with your wishes, so please tell us if you’re unhappy with us holding any of the data that we do. You can do this:
- By phone: please call +44 131 5412298
- Write to us: The Whole Thing World Ltd, 5th Floor, 125 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AD, UK
- By email: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ensure that any requests for personal data to be deleted, are actioned within 2 business days of the request being received.
Keeping the data we hold on you up to date
We endeavour to keep the information that we hold on you as up-to-date as possible, so have put in place a process to clean our data on a rolling cycle, with the help of third party specialist software providers and suppliers. If you find that your contact data is not up-to-date or, you receive a communication from us that includes incorrect information, please alert us by emailing email@example.com.
Ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to). If we are processing data in order to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, if that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
When you first access our website, you will notice a pop-up message informing you about our collection of Cookies and usage of them to improve our Services. This message will allow you to either accept or refuse. If you select the latter, you may find it difficult to optimally use some portions of our Service.
5. EMAIL MARKETING AND NEWSLETTERS
From time-to-time we may send you content via email that we believe is likely to be of interest to you.
For companies that we believe are likely to be interested in our services we may from time to time decide to send you information by email, post or phone that we believe will be of interest to your role.
This information may include extracts of research that we have done, or the opportunity to speak with our team to introduce our Services a demonstration of the The Whole Thing. If you’re not interested in receiving these communications, please let us know.
For both this activity, we use an email distribution engine called Mailchimp
For The Whole Thing clients, we will also send regular emails – to update you on latest information available via our service.
All email correspondence sent out by The Whole Thing includes a clear ‘unsubscribe’ link and we have a robust internal policy in place to deal with unsubscribe requests we may receive from stakeholders.
6. DATA SECURITY
We will do our best to protect your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although, we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. RETENTION OF DATA
The Whole Thing may retain data for differing periods of time for different purposes as required by law or best practices. However, under no circumstances will we retain your personal data for a period of longer than five years (from the point of collection, or updating) unless there is a critical business reason to do so (for example, we may need to maintain records of invoices issued to you for longer than this for accounting reasons).
We would be happy to provide a copy of our data retention policy if you’re interested in receiving more information on this point.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area (EEA), however due to the nature of our global business and the technologies required, your Personal Information may be transferred to third party service providers outside the EEA, in countries where there may be a lower legal level of data protection.
If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know.
If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, or if you do not think we are handling your personal information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk
11. CONTACT US
Please do not hesitate to Contact Us should you have any questions?